6.3.10

IMORiginAL


I notice that people have created a rather frantic obsession to dress up like Lady Gaga, yet they claim originality. All the newspapers, all the fashion shows are flooded with this desire that women have to resemble her as much as possible. They all wear their hair blonde with bangs and pull up stupid clothes, trying to "be original", but in the same time, calling themselves "Lady Gaga of Bucharest" or insert city here.


I have nothing against/with this singer and it is NOT about Lady Gaga here. It's about you, all dressed up to be original by copying every single detail from a more eccentric singer. All the magazines are full of bad copies of Lady Gaga and the funniest part is that other people consider this to be original, too.


So, this will become another proof that the ideas of this society are upside down, from giving a generous value to non-values, to promoting superficiality and the worst of the worst and now, to defining the concept of original as a 100% copy of something/someone else. I am waiting for this "transition" period to pass.


I am expecting a "then how come you've turned yourself into a Na'vi?" and my answer is: I'd never put that photo-MANIPULATION as a cover for a magazine nor would I ever dress up like a Na'vi if I were a singer/model, unless the idea would be to perform a scene from Avatar. I would never entirely copy someone else's style, especially a person that is known for a certain style and claim that I am oh-so original and evolved and I'd honestly rather go in jeans and tennis shoes or a bathrobe at a big performance rather than dress up like Lady Gaga, Michael Jackson or any other eccentric celebrity.
[*typical smoking is forbidden photo while smoking, get over it.]

4 comments:

Lady Morphine said...

just wanna say 'Thanks' for writing about this!

the elder said...

Always! :)

Miss Ant said...

da, m-am uitat si eu aseara la Eurovision for funsies si ma gandeam tot la chestia asta, si cel mai bun exemplu e Anda Adam, care-si doreste cu disperare sa fie Lady Gaga...

the elder said...

@Miss Ant - da, desi Anda Adam parca avea tunsoarea aia cu mult inaintea lui Gaga. Nu sunt sigura. :))